RealtyTrac® tracked some interesting data on property tax rates in more than 1,000 counties across the country as well as by state and MSA.
The recent report provides a breakdown of average 2014 property taxes and effective property tax rates by number of years owned and by property value range.
Highlights of the findings on effective rates include:
- Nationwide, the average effective property tax rate for all single family homes in 2014 was 1.29%
- The average effective property tax rate was 1.68% for homes valued at or below $50,000
- and was 1.40% on homes valued between $50,000 and $100,000
- and were between 1.22% and 1.27% on homes valued between $100,000 and $1 million
- and was 1.56% on homes valued $1 million to $2 million
- and was 1.77% percent for homes valued $2 million to $5 million
Owners of very high end and very low end homes pay the highest property tax rates.
More great stuff in the full report.