Construction will start tomorrow on Nevada’s first full-scale health village, according to a story in today’s Las Vegas Review-Journal. Union Village will break ground during a ceremony in Henderson. The complex will be located on the northeast corner of U.S. Highway 95 and Galleria Drive.
According to the RJ story, here are the project details by the numbers:
- $1.2 billion project build-out cost
- 170 acres (38.5 acres for the hospital)
- 6,000 visitors a day are expected on campus )includes employees, residents of the 1,000 senior units, and residents of the 400 non-age-restricted condos
- 5,000 construction jobs and 12,000 health care and retail jobs expected to be created by the project
- Economic impact of approximately $5 billion for the local and state economies over its 80-year expected life
RCG Economics was a consultant on the project.
Below is a project rendering: